The kids love these!
1 pound of extra lean ground chicken
.5 cup of sticklings rice bread crumbs (regular panko crumbs work too!)
1 chopped onion (green onions work too!)
1.5 tablespoon of fresh ground garlic
1 tablespoon of fresh ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger powder for sauce
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder for sauce
1 tablespoon of honey for sauce
2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup of soy sauce for sauce
1/4 cup of maple sugar/brown sugar
1 teaspoon of white/black pepper
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1.25 cup of water (1/4 cup to whisk with cornstarch)
sesame seed and green onions for garnish
3) Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F, if you are going to use the oven to bake the meatballs. I use my T-Fal ActiFry.
5) Bake for about 15 mins in the T-Fal ActiFry until golden brown or 20-25 mins in the oven.
7) On medium heat add 1/2 cup of soy sauce, sugar, ground garlic powder, ground ginger powder and honey to saucepan and 1 cup of water.
8) Bring to a simmer and then add cornstarch mixture and stir well.
9) Turn off when sauce thickens.
10) Once the meatballs are ready, add them to the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and/or green onions.
Calories: 53, Carbs: 4g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 2g, Sodium: 237 mg, Sugar: 2g