1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup of dashi (i didn't have this so i used chicken stock/broth. You can use vegetable broth too)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp soy sauce
sprinkles of panko crumbs, or rice breadcrumbs
5 green onions (chopped)
10-12 shrimp chopped into thirds
generous amount of olive oil for coating pan (1/2 tablespoon per ball)
2) Add eggs, stock/dashi and soy sauce and mix well.
5) Add your toppings. In my case, shrimp and green onions. I added 2 pieces of shrimp and sprinked green onions evenly into each ball.
6) Sprinkle panko or rice crumbs into each ball.
7) Start to rotate the ball with chopsticks once the bottom is cooked sideways, so each side cooks.
8) Don't worry about overfilled liquid because once you start to turn each ball, there is room to stuff the cavity with more liquid and fillings.
9) Keep rotating the ball until all sides are golden brown. This is a slow process because you are cooking on low to medium heat.
TIP:You might need to add more olive oil depending on how golden brown you like your balls.
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Serve with gyoza sauce or chilli sauce with garlic or Sriracha sauce.
Calories per ball: 114, Fat: 7.1g, Carbs: 4.8g, Fiber: 0.5g, Protein: 7.4g, Sugar: 0.4g