1 head of cauliflower
2 pounds of lean, organic ground extra lean or lean beef
1 cup of low sodium organic chicken/beef stock OR tomato sauce
1 chopped onion
1 celery stalk
handful of chopped mushrooms
2 tsps of chopped garlic
1.5 tsps of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
2 cups of frozen peas and carrots (you can use fresh ones too!)
2 tablespoons of rice flour or gluten free flour or regular all purpose flour
1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of no fat greek yogurt
1/2 tsp of paprika
OPTIONAL: 2 tsp of rosemary leaves and 1 tsp of thyme leaves. You can also use a can of tomato sauce instead of chicken stock.
5) Add garlic and saute for about 1 min.
6) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
8) Add chicken stock or tomato sauce and stir well.
10) Close lid and simmer for about 10-12 mins until sauce thickens.
12) Add to a mixing bowl and add a bit of salt, pepper, paprika and yogurt.
13) Continue to blend and mash the cauliflower until you get a creamy consistency.
16) Top with cauliflower and bake for 25 mins.
17) Grill for about 5 - 7 mins until browned on top.
Calories per portion: 197, Fat: 10g, Protein: 18g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 391 mg