1 head of cauliflower or 7-8 medium russet potatoes
2 pounds of lean, organic ground extra lean or lean beef or ground tofu or ground veggie substitute
1 cup of low sodium organic chicken/beef stock OR tomato sauce
1 chopped onion
1 celery stalk
handful of chopped mushrooms
2 tsps of chopped garlic
1.5 tsps of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
2 cups of frozen peas and carrots (you can use fresh ones too!)
2 tablespoons of rice flour or gluten free flour or regular all purpose flour
1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of no fat greek yogurt
1/2 tsp of paprika
OPTIONAL: 2 tsp of rosemary leaves and 1 tsp of thyme leaves. You can also use a can of tomato sauce instead of chicken stock.
1) Wash and peel potatoes.
2) Add to instant pot with 2.5 cups of broth (vegetable, chicken or beef).
3) Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
4) Quick release
5) Add 1.5 teaspoons of salt, 0.5 teaspoon of black pepper, 0.5 tsp of onion powder, 0.5 tsp of mustard powder, 0.5 tsp of garlic powder
6) Use handheld mixer to mash and mix potatoes.
5) Add garlic and saute for about 1 min.
6) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
8) Add chicken stock or tomato sauce and stir well.
10) Close lid and simmer for about 10-12 mins until sauce thickens.
12) Add to a mixing bowl and add a bit of salt, pepper, paprika and yogurt.
13) Continue to blend and mash the cauliflower until you get a creamy consistency.
16) Top with cauliflower and bake for 25 mins.
17) Grill for about 5 - 7 mins until browned on top.
Calories per portion: 197, Fat: 10g, Protein: 18g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 391 mg