1.5 packets raw, peeled, no tail prawns (about 15-20 prawns per pack)
1 large yellow/white onion
3 medium tomatoes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
0.5 tsp tumeric powder
0.5 tsp corriander powder
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp paprika
0.5 tsp chilli powder
1.5 tsp chopped garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Optional: 1 tablespoon of fried onions (store bought, come in a packet) and/or 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
2) Saute onion in olive oil really well on low-medium heat until golden. This is the key step as this well give your curry the sweetness and flavor. Watch the colour of the onions as this will give in an indication when you are ready to go to the next step. These need to be a lovely golden colour. Not white, not brown/burnt.
3) Chop tomatoes and add them to the onions once the onions have turned golden brown.
4) Cook on med/high until all the water has evaporated and you are left with a thick sauce/curry.
5) Wash the prawns well, drain the water and add them to the curry mixture.
6) Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the prawns turn pink. Don't overcook the prawns.
7) Add fried onions/cilantro (optional)
8) Serve with rice/chapati/roti
Calories based on serving of 8 (without fried onion garnish): 79, Carbs: 2, Fat: 2, Protein: 12, Sodium: 351, Sugar: 2