6 cups of besan/chickpea flour
3 slabs of salted butter
3/4 cup of cold, 3.5% fat milk
1 can of evaporated milk (full fat)
1 and 1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of carnation skim milk powder
1 tablespoon of cardamom powder
1 tablespoon of nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of orange colour
1/4 tsp of saffron
1/2 cup chopped/ground almonds and pistachios (optional)
2) Add flour to mixing bowl.
3) When butter melts then add 3/4 cup of butter and 3/4 cup of milk to flour and crumble/mix with the flour.
4) The mixture should be crumbled well until the flour no longer sticks to your hands.
8) Add saffron and mix well.
9) Add milk mixture once the flour has cooked well and mix.
11) Once it cools and firms up, cut small pieces (square or diamond shapes).
Calories per piece: 297 Fat: 26g, Carbs: 13g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 4g, Sugar: 8g, Sodium: 178mg