2 pounds of extra lean beef
8-10 spelt or organic wheat tortillas
1 chopped white onion
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
8 - 10 eggs (mixed)
1 tablespoon of ginger
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tsp of crushed green chillies (optional)
Paste for closing/sealing the tortillas:
2 tablespoons of spelt flour/whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons of water
2) While meat is cooking add ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
3) After meat is cooked remove from stove and let cool.
4) Add cinnamon to meat while it's cooling.
5) After it has cooled, add chopped onion, cilantro, lemon juice, green chillies (optional) and mix well.
6) Make paste for sealing the tortillas by mixing flour with water. The consistency should be like a glue paste.
Calories per Mani: 357, Fat: 18g, Carbs: 16g, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 28g, Sugars: 1g, Sodium: 217mg