1 cup of organic, unsalted butter
2/3 cup of coconut palm sugar or maple sugar or refined white sugar
2.25 cups of unbleached, organic, all purpose flour (you can use spelt or gluten free flour as well)
2 organic eggs
1.5 tsp of baking powder
2.5 tablespoon of strawberry/raspberry jam
2) Add eggs and mix well.
3) Add flour and make into a dough. Dough should be soft but not too soft. When you cut the shapes, the dough should be firm enough to handle. If it's too soft add a bit more flour to get it to the right consistency.
5) Roll dough out evenly about 1/4 of a inch thick.
7) For half of the shapes, use a smaller, round cookie cutter to (1/2 inch wide) to cut out another circle in the middle.
9) Bake for approx. 20 mins. until cookies are slightly browned from bottom.
11) Let cool for at least 10 mins.
Calories per cookie: 99, Fat: 6g, Carbs: 10.8g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 4.7g, Sodium: 8.8mg, Protein: 1.5g