3 cups of all purpose flour
3 cups of whole wheat flour
3 cups of luke warm water
2 tablespoons of honey or coconut palm sugar
1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
2 tablespoons melted or softened butter or vegan butter
2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons of active fast rising dry yeast
3) Add 1 cup of flour at a time and mix on low speed using a dough hook in the mixer or by hand.
4) If mixing by hand, transfer dough to counter and knead dough to get it soft but not sticky.
7) Cut of pieces about 1/2 and use some flour to dust your hands. Form into hamburger buns, hotdog buns or dinner rolls.
8) Place buns about 1/2 inch apart on a greased pan and cover with clean towel until they double in size.
9) Bake for 20 mins or until nicely browned. Cool on cooling rack and enjoy!
Calories per bun: 83, Fat: 1g, Carbs: 15.4g, Fiber: 1.7g, Sugar: 1.4g, Protein: 2.3g, Sodium: 129.5 mg