8 oz of organic cream cheese
1/2 cup of organic coconut palm sugar or maple sugar
1/2 cup of organic butter
1 can of full fat coconut milk (Thai Kitchen brand seems to work the best)
1 tablespoon of 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2) Add sugar and mix again until all the sugar is incorporated.
3) Use icing cone or spatula to spread icing over cake/cupcakes.
4) You can store left over icing in the fridge for a few days.
Instructions for vegan icing:
1) Chill the can of coconut milk overnight.
2) Remove the hardened coconut milk at the top of the can only.
3) Add this to food processor/blender/mixer with maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4) Whip/blend/mix until fluffy.
5) Use icing cone or spatula to spread over cupcakes.
Note: This icing is extremely heat sensitive so keep cupcakes chilled once they are iced.
Calories per portion for each cupcake: 180, Fat: 18g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 120 mg
Calories for vegan version per portion of each cupcake: 113, Fat: 11g, Carbs: 3g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 22g