2 cups of unsweetened, finely shredded, organic coconut
1/4 to 1/2 cup of organic maple syrup (you can also used honey instead or a combination) depending on how sweet you want to make these.
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of diary free chocolate chips (you can use regular chips too). I used the Enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chunks.
1-2 tablespoons of hazelnut spread or non dairy chocolate syrup. (I use Organic Farming Nocciolata or Organic Ah-Laska chocolate syrup)
60 mini m&ms or any other colourful candy/sprinkles
TIP: You can also use jam to fill the middles.
2) Mix all ingredients except for the egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl. Save the chocolate syrup and m&ms for toppings once the macaroons are baked.
4) Fold the egg white mixture into the coconut mix.
5) Leave in the fridge for 10 mins.
7) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms have browned.
9) Add a scoop of organic hazelnut spread or non dairy chocolate syrup to the middle. Top with m&ms or any other colourful candy.
Calories: 117, Fat: 6g, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 2g, Sugar: 14g, Sodium: 32mg