8 cups of pulsed cauliflower (made in the food processor)
4-8 pieces of skinless chicken (i used 1 breast, 4 thighs and 4 legs)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
5 to 6 cardamom pods
2-3 cinnamon sticks
10 whole black pepper
1 green chopped chilli or 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (optional)
1 tablespoon of whole cumin seeds
3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro leaves
3 roma tomatoes
3 fist fulls of fried onions
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 tablespoons of ginger
1 tsp of salt
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 cup of chicken and vegetable stock
2) Wash and pulse cauliflower pieces in the food processor until it is granular.
3) Wash and chop tomatoes.
4) Wash and chop cilantro.
5) Add oil to saucepan and heat on medium.
8) Saute for a few minutes. Make sure heat is on low/med so that you don't burn the cumin seeds.
11) If chicken sticks to the bottom of the pan then add 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
12). Once chicken is almost done, add chicken stock, salt and lemon juice (only add the remaining 1/4 cup if you have already added 1/4 cup before).
13) Add pulsed cauliflower and turn heat to low.
14) Cook with lid partially covered for about 10-15 mins.
15) Chicken should be cooked well and coming of the bone slightly.
16) Serve with yogurt.
Calories per serving: 192, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 23g, Sodium: 270 mg