3/4 cup all purpose flour (any gluten free flour would work too)
1/2 cup of maple or coconut sugar (regular sugar)
3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup of buttermilk ( I use 1/8 cup of Greek yogurt with 1/8 cup of water and 3/4 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar)
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
melted chocolate to coat the pops (you can use white, dark, milk, semi sweet...whatever you prefer)
sprinkles to top (i ran out of sprinkles so used oreo cookies grinded up)
2) Add all the wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer.
4) Close lid and cook for a couple if mins.
5) Remove and cool.
6) Refrigerate overnight or at least a couple of hours.
TIP: You can bake these as well if you have the cake pop bake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for appox. 22 mins. You'll know when these are ready by inserting a toothpick and pulling it out. If it comes out clean then these are ready.
8) Add sprinkles ready in a separate bowl.
9) Dip each cake pop stick into melted chocolate and poke through the bottom of one pop and the dip the entire pop into melted chocolate.
10) Cover with chocolate and dip in the sprinkles bowl.
TIP: I ran out of sticks and sprinkles so i cut up straws and used straws. These worked great. I put some oreo cookies into my chopper/grinder and these worked great instead of sprinkles.
Calories per pop: 49 , Carbs: 5g, Fat: 4g, Protein: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Sodium: 36g