Samosa Wrappers - we don't make these at home out of convenience. You can buy them locally.
2 pounds extra lean beef or chicken
2 chopped white onion
1/2 to 3/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon of ginger
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tsp of crushed green chillies (optional, add more if you like them spicy)
2 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil
Paste for closing/sealing the samosas:
2 tablespoons of spelt flour/whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons of water
2) While meat is cooking, chop your onion and cilantro finely and keep aside.
3) Once meat is browned and cooked, remove from stove and let it cool.
5) Make the paste to seal the samosas by mixing flour and water (as per quantity in ingredients list).
7) Use your paste and apply it to the top of the flap and close the pocket. Voila! Your samosa is ready!
9) You can freeze them too and cook when needed. No need to thaw/defrost.
Calories per beef samosa just for the filling: 52, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 5g, Sodium: 16mg
Calories per chicken samosa just for the filling: 38, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 4g, Sodium 19mg
Approx calories for one wrapper: 43, Fat: 1.2g, Carbs: 7g, Fiber: 0.2g, Protein: 0.9g, Sodium: 194mg