- 1/2 cup of rice flour (i've used coconut flour too in the past. You can use all purpose flour as well).
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (you can use regular milk as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of maple sugar (you can use regular sugar as well)
TIP: If you use rice or coconut flour you may need to add about 2 tablespoons of water to your mixture to ensure it's the correct consistency.
OPTIONAL: you can add nutmeg (1/4 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp)
For the glaze:
1/2 cup of icing sugar or coconut sugar
2 tablespoons of water
2) Make a hole in the middle and add your wet ingredients (milk, eggs, oil).
3) Mix well with a whisk until you get a consistency similar to pancake mixture/ cake batter.
2) Once heated, take 1 tablespoon and pour into the mould or use the donut baking trays for the oven. (I use the mini electric donut maker)
TIP: Do not overfill. Fill just below the lip of the mould.
8) Mix the icing sugar with water and whisk well to make glaze.
These are now ready to melt in your mouth.
OPTIONAL: You can top these with sprinkles or cocoa powder or powdered sugar
Calories per mini donut: 22,
Carbs: 3, Fat: 1, Protein: 0, Sodium: 3, Sugar: 2