1 chopped onion
2-3 cups of chopped mushrooms
1 cup of green peas or snap peas
1.5 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
3 packets of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar
5 blocks of brown rice ramen noodles
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt (you may not need this depending on the make of soy sauce you use. Do a taste test before adding salt)
1/2 tsp of black pepper
2 chopped jalapeños for garnish
8 green onion stems chopped for garnish
Cilantro leaves for garnish
Sesame seeds for garnish
Bean sprouts for garnish
Any other vegetables you’d like to include
Sriracha for making it spicy
1 tablespoon of peanut butter for giving it a satay flavour.
2) Add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
4) Add mushrooms and continue to sauté until soft.
Tip: Add a little bit of vegetable stock so onions and mushrooms don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
6) Add remaining vegetables, vegetable stock, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, coconut palm sugar, salt, pepper and stir well.
9) Add rice noodles 8-10 mins before serving and let them cook and soften in sauté mode or keep warm mode.
10) Serve hot and garnish ramen in serving bowl with jalapeño slices, chopped cilantro, bean sprouts (optional), sesame seeds.
Tip: To make it spicy add sriracha and stir well. To make a satay flavour add peanut butter and stir well.