4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tsp garlic
1/2 to 1 tsp salt (depending on taste)
4 cups of low sodium, chicken stock
3 stalks of organic celery
1 packet of organic frozen vegetables
2 tablespoons of organic, non-gmo cornstarch
1/2 a cup of water
pepper to taste
OPTIONAL:2 cups of milk, mushrooms, green beans, macaroni
2) Make a slurry out by whisking cornstarch and water together. Leave it aside.
4) Add olive to pot and chopped onions and garlic.
5) Saute onions to golden brown.
8) Cook for a few minutes.
9) Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
10) Add the cornstarch slurry mixture to pot.
11) Turn stove off and let cool.
12) Add 2-3 cups of non fat organic milk (this is optional and only if you want a creamy/milky texture.
13) Serve with cheese scones.
TIP: Once milk has been added, heat on low before serving to ensure that no separation occurs.
Calories per cup: 243, Fat: 5g, Protein: 35g, Sugars: 2g, Carbs: 9g, Sodium: 220mg, Fiber: 2g.