2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 chopped white onion
2 tablespoons of chopped/crushed garlic
1 chopped jalapeno
2 cans of pinto beans or 2 cups of dry beans (rinsed)
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 tsp of onion powder
3 tsp of cumin powder
2 tsp of oregano
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1.5 tsp of salt
Garnish with cilantro leaves, red onion, tomatoes, lemon wedges, jalapeno slices
2) On Saute, add oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and chopped jalapeno. Saute until onion is golden brown.
4) Turn off saute mode and add remaining stock.
6) Pressure cook on high pressure for 35 mins if using dry beans and 5 minutes if you are using canned beans. I have used canned beans here in the picture.
8) Open once release is done and drain most of the liquid out. Keep about 1/4 or 1/2 cup of liquid.
9) Blend or mash the beans into a puree.
Makes between 4-6 servings. Calories per serving: 187, Fat: 4.6g, Carbs: 26.6g, Fiber: 10.2g, Protein: 9.1g, Sugar: 0.1g