2 chicken breasts (skinless boneless)
5 chicken drums (i've used these with skin because my Dad likes the skin on his chicken, however i would opt for skinless for a healthier version or just opt for 4 chicken breasts in total instead of the chicken drums).
4 hard boiled eggs
2 to 3 potatoes
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion (chopped fine)
1 tomato (chopped fine)
1 tsp chopped garlic
0.5 tsp of chopped ginger
1.5 tsp of salt
1.5 tsp of paprika (i use paprika instead of chilli powder as my children don't like it spicy).
0.5 tsp of corriander powder
1 tsp of cumin powder
0.5 tsp of tumeric powder
2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 cups of coconut milk (unsweetened and light)
1/2 cup of water
chopped cilantro to top
2) Boil your eggs and peel and keep these ready.
3) Wash and skin your potatoes.
4) Boil these for a few mins or chop and microwave for a couple mins. Keep aside.
5) Heat the oil and add chopped onions
6) Saute onions until golden
8) Add garlic, ginger, tomatoes and rest of the dry spices.
9) Add about 0.5 a cup of water and cook chicken.
11) Stir well and cook on low - medium until chicken is completely cooked.
14) Serve with plain white rice, naan or thick bread (baguette).
TIP: You can also add the coconut milk at the very end before you add the lemon juice and cilantro. This way you don't run the risk of the milk separating. If the heat is not low enough it may separate when you add it in step 10.
Calories per serving (without rice, naan/bread): 282, Carbs: 14, Fat: 12, Protein: 28, Sodium: 383, Sugar: 6